Video not generated

Dec 3, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Hi there. 

I have done all the steps.  it tells me it has been sucessfully encoded.  When i click to upload, the file is not there.  Not sure what I am doing wrong. Its like the video file was never saved even though i clicked "create video". 

The music file  is an mp3 and i have a total of 6 jpegs to add to the video. 

please help?!

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:59 PM

I have exactly the same problem. Begins encoding says it finished but no video file generated.

May 19, 2011 at 6:36 AM

Does this happen every time you try to encode a video? It's happened to me, but only with two files (out of 50). I press encode, a second later it says "Finished Encoding" but there is no video created.

I found a work-around to this, but it's kind of a pain: I think it happens when there is something wrong the file, or something about it the program doesn't like. So to get it to encode you have to either get a new copy of the file, or create a new copy:

The first time it happened I bought another copy of the song off of iTunes (the first copy I had was downloaded from somewhere else), and converted the m4v to an mp3, and this new mp3 encoded correctly.

The second time, I burned the song to an audio CD, then imported the song back into my iTunes library (from the CD) to create a new mp3. And it worked fine.

Both of these solutions did the trick, but they're also wasteful (one wastes $, the other a CD-R). If anyone knows an easier way please let me know.

And I hope this helps.