Umusic keeps adding extra time to the end of videos

Mar 5, 2010 at 11:39 PM
Edited Mar 5, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Hi there,

I am trying to put some of my mp3 files onto Youtube using your programme. I am using one picture for each file (not a slideshow with multiple pictures).

I played the video that Umusic has created to check the video before I uploaded it to youtube. I found that Umusic is adding extra time to the end of my videos after the song has finished. For example, one mp3 file i tried was 7m16s long, but Umusic created a video that is 8m48s long. This leaves a long section at the end of the video with the picture still showing, but no music playing. The amount of time added is random and seems to differ with each mp3 file I use.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Umusic, but it still does the same thing. I have tried using different mp3 files but it still does the same thing. I tired uploading the video straight from Umusic to Youtube, but it still does the same thing.

I am using windows 7 on a new laptop with 4gb ram.

Any idea what is going wrong?

Coordinator
Mar 6, 2010 at 11:51 AM

No idea how that is happening.

The length of the video is determined by the length of the mp3 file. This information is retrieved using the header of the mp3 file. In all my testing I have not encountered this bug.

The only thing that I can think of is that the header file is corrupted in some way. Does this happen with all of your mp3's or just a particular one? 

I haven't got windows 7 yet so I don't know if this is causing any issues.

 

I haven't ever tried making a video that is that long, this may also be a consideration.

 

If you could provide me with some more information I will see if there is anything I can do.

 

Thanks,

d3

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:44 PM

After a VERY frustrating 30 min trying to get registered and sign into CodePlex, I determined that CodePlex just doesn't like Chrome.

I am running into the same problem as above.  I just made 3 songs, each with the same single image.  Each song is around 4:00-4:30 each, but the video length came to 11:00-12:00 min each.  Same as described by "orchover" where the image is there, but has silence after the song is finished.

I believe the mp3s were made on a Mac, but the videos were made by me on my Windows 7 PC.

Just thought, I'd let you know.

In case it helps, here is a link to the youtube movies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBmUvJrVkdI&feature=BF&list=PL9148C2AAA0B7B640&index=1

Thanks!

Daniel

 

 

 

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Thanks for registering and providing further information.

I have tried to re-create it but haven't been successful so far. It's working fine over here on x64 windows 7. It would be of great help if you could send me the exact mp3 file that you were using, that will aid me greatly in my troubleshooting.

Nice song btw.

Thanks  :D

d3

 

 

Jan 12, 2011 at 3:09 AM
Thanks for taking a look into this. I forgot to add that I also run x64 Win 7 (8gb RAM, etc.)

Here is a link where you can download the mp3 file and the JPG:
http://neotoolbox.com/temp/thepulseelectric.rar

Thanks!
Daniel




On 1/11/2011 3:51 PM, d347hm4n wrote:

From: d347hm4n

Thanks for registering and providing further information.

I have tried to re-create it but haven't been successful so far. It's working fine over here on x64 windows 7. It would be of great help if you could send me the exact mp3 file that you were using, that will aid me greatly in my troubleshooting.

Nice song btw.

Thanks :D

d3

Jan 25, 2011 at 3:38 PM

I encountered this issue when trying to select a 320kbps mp3 as the audio source, and was able to solve it by using a maximum quality VBR (VBR0) MP3 instead of a 320kbps CBR MP3.